Santa Dash 2013

Everton in the Community made its presence felt at the 2013 Liverpool Santa Dash on Sunday 1 December.

The Club’s official charity had a numberof Blue Santas taking part on its behalf, including staff, volunteers and fans who donned the festive attire and braved the conditions.

The Toffees’ ranks were also bolstered by Paralympian, three-time World Cup winner and Everton in the Community disability manager Steve Johnson, who took part in his first ever Santa Dash.

Everton Football Club’s Fan Zone compere Graeme White and Blues legend Joe Royle also started this year’s festive proceedings.

Runners were invited to a pre-run gathering competitors at the city’s Atlantic Thistle Hotel, who provided hot and cold beverages, with ex-Everton star Joe Parkinson also present to meet with runners and their families.

Volunteers handed out Everton in the Community giveaways, brandished collection buckets and cheered on the spectacle of nearly 10,000 runners - including wheelchair participants, babies in prams and a number of festive pets - on the streets of Liverpool.

The charity’s Young Ambassadors showed they were happy to help by assisting runners and spectators with queries before playing a supporting role in handing out medals to the Santas upon completion of the race.

The blue army finally returned to the hotel for refreshments and photographs, with many runners summing up just why they chose to raise funds for the Club’s official charity.

“It is great to give something back to Everton in the Community,” explained Angie Booth, whose son Oliver is part of Everton in the Community’s disability programme. “Our group has raised around 300 today alone.

“They have given so much to my son I felt I had to give something back.”

Thatviewwas echoed by Marc Harden, father of Everton in the Community volunteer – and Santa Dash veteran – Dan.

“It is really nice for Dan to feel part of something, he likes to give something back to Everton in the Community.

“He volunteers every Wednesday and has done for four years now,” he continued. “It has been a real life-changing experience for him.

Everton Football Club would like to thank all those that took part on the day, but especially all our fundraisers.