If you want to get involved in Everton in the Community’s 25th Anniversary campaign, but are stuck for fundraising ideas, don’t worry! We have created a list of 25 fun ways for you to raise £25 to help us reach our £1m fundraising target.
Whatever you decide to do, you will receive help and support from our fabulous Fundraising Team.
From start to finish, they will be on hand to offer hints and tips, so please do not hesitate to get in touch as they would love to hear from you!
To contact the Fundraising Team call 0151 530 5260 or email Community@evertonfc.com.
- 1. Pledge a £25 donation – single donations can be made by:
- a. Calling the Fundraising Team on 0151 530 5253
- b. Visiting our JustGiving page (click here)
- Don’t forget if you are a UK tax payer please Gift Aid your donation. Gift Aid is a government scheme which allows charities to claim an extra 28p for every £1 donated. And the good news is, the money comes from the government and not you or your sponsors – we are simply reclaiming the tax already paid on donations.
- 2. Donate by text. †Simply text EITC25 followed by the amount you’d like to donate to 70070. For example, EITC25 £25 to 70070.
- 3. † Sign up to Everton’s Lotto SuperDraw. †To play is simple and there are over 50 great cash prizes to be won every week including a weekly jackpot of £1,000 and it costs as little as £1 per week.
- Plus one lucky Evertonian will win a massive £10,000 in the end of season Super Draw, which is one of the biggest lottery jackpots in the Premier League. Entry into the Lotto Super Draw is based on your payments during the previous 12 months, so if you play every week you get 52 entries into the draw. To sign up click here (hyperlink to Lotteries page)
- 4. Attend one of our fantastic in-house events – we will hosting some fabulous events this season. Why not attend our Managers and Captains’ Dinner, our extravagant †summer ball, or organise a team for our annual ‘Legends Golf Day’. Click here for the fundraising events calendar.†
- 5. Organising your own community event. Whether this is a sports day at your local park or school, a car wash at supermarket, a BBQ in your back garden or a quiz night at your local pub, community events are a great and fun way to raise money. For help organising such an event, call our Fundraising Team on 0151 530 5260.
- 6. One for the boys. Why not organise a charity 5-a-side tournament? There are hundreds of small-sided teams playing everyday up and down the country, so why not ask teams in you area to enter a tournament.†
- 7. One for the ladies. Members of Everton’s first-team squad have posed for a limited edition calendar for 2013, which costs just £10.
- 8. Zumba for charity. Why not get the girls together and host a keep fit Zumba class and charge an entrance fee.
- 9. One for the kids. Go to the top of the class by getting your school involved and raise as much as you can. Ideas include non-uniform days, cake sales, fashion shows, sponsored car washes. You could even ask everyone in your school to pay a £1 to wear Blue all day! And don’t forget everyone can take part, even the teachers.
- 10. Take the trip of a lifetime – Have you ever wanted to trek to the lost World of Machu Picchu, or what about reaching the summit of the highest free standing mountain in the World, perhaps you would like to walk through the historic battlement stations on the Great Wall of China, or even better joining a team and trekking, kayaking and riding elephants in the deep †jungle in Thailand – well if you have that adventurous streak in you and would like to represent the Blues official charity get in touch with our fundraising team†
- 11. Take part in a sponsored running event. †There are hundreds of running events for all ages and abilities across the region to sign up to. Click here for the fundraising events calendar
- 12. Take part in a sponsored walking or hiking event. †There are lots of walking and more challenging hiking events for all ages and abilities across the region to sign up to. Click here for the fundraising events calendar
- 13. Take part in a sponsored bike ride. †There are many cycling events for all ages and abilities across the region to sign up to. Click here for the fundraising events calendar
- 14. Complete a sponsored Sky Dive. Have you ever wanted to jump from a plane at 14,000ft and freefall to 5,000ft, travelling through the air at speeds of up to 120mph? If so, then this is the event for you! Click here for the fundraising events calendar
- 15. Zip Slide across Goodison. For the past four years Blues have taken flight from the Top Balcony across the hallowed turf of Goodison Park to complete the Everton Zip Slide. This year we are looking to hold a World record of the most Zip Slides in one day, so sign up and be part of what could be an historical event. Click here for the fundraising events calendar
- 16. We are looking for 10 people to take part in a freefall charity abseil down the front of the Anglican Cathedral in Liverpool, which stands at 150ft, where you can enjoy the stunning views across the Liverpool skyline before making your decent.
- 17. Workplace fundraising. Why not ask your employer to take part in work place fundraising? This could be a dress down day, coffee morning, cake sale, raffle, sports day, fantasy football league or departmental challenge.†
- 18. Match Funding - Don’t forget to find out from your company whether they have a budget available to match the money you raise pound for pound. Many companies will have funds available and could double the amount you raise through your workplace fundraising activities.†
- 19. Gifts in Kind. Supporting Everton in the Community doesn’t always have to be financial. Gifts in kind can be given to help the work we do. Perhaps your company can offer a service for free of charge, which could be the use of a venue, to print & design, to donating prizes for raffles and auctions to help us raise even more funds.
- 20. Get involved and volunteer your time. Supporting a charity does not always have to be by donating money or taking part in an event, you can get involved by simply offering your time. You can volunteer at one of our fantastic events or award winning programmes and get a real feel of what it is like to be part of an award winning team.
- 21. Shop online via our Easy Fundraising page. Every year we all spend thousands of pounds in our favourite high street stores, so why not shop online with the same major department stores and brands instead through easyfundraising.org.uk and help raise money for charity. For every £1 you spend via this website, money is donated to Everton in the Community. †Click here to start shopping.
- 22. Recycle for charity. Turn old mobile phones, cartridges and clothes into cash. Visit recycle4charity.co.uk to get started.
- 23. EBay for charity. Bid online for desirable goods or sell your unwanted items in of aid of Everton in the Community. Click here to get started.
- 24. Purchase our charity wristband
- To celebrate our 25th anniversary we will be selling a sliver/blue charity wristband for just £2 each. The wristbands will be available from Everton One, Everton Two, Goodison Park and from various retailers across the city.
- 25. In Memory: You’re in my Heart you’re in my Soul.
- Giving in memory is a wonderful way of commemorating the life of a loved one. Donating to Everton in the Community is a way of creating a lasting tribute to a friend or relative, whilst helping to support vital work in the community in their memory. You can give a gift in memory of a loved one by setting up an online memorial page, by phone or post. For more information call 0151 530 5260.