A warm welcome from Denise Barrett-Baxendale, Chief Executive of Everton in the Community.
It is my pleasure, as Chief Executive, to welcome you to the Everton in the Community website.
Our website enables us to share with you updates on the work that we deliver, on behalf of our Club, across the North West, North Wales and, more recently, Shanghai.
I am extremely fortunate to have such a fantastic team of dedicated staff and volunteers who are absolutely passionate about their roles and the difference our charity makes to participants of our projects. My staff work tirelessly to provide a ‘nil satis nisi optimum’ experience for all participants on our programmes.
At Everton in the Community we aim to use the power of sport to motivate, educate and inspire people in our local communities to improve their life chances. Through this pioneering approach, Everton in the Community has earned a reputation for delivering best practice in the sporting charity sector. During the last year alone, we have provided ongoing development opportunities for over 30,000 participants. This has resulted in Everton in the Community winning many high profile awards such as:
- High Sheriff’s Award, Kickz
- Runner-up ‘Everyday Impact Award – Long Term Enterprises’, Everton in the Community
- MBNA Northern Football Award, Community Scheme of the Year
- North West Public Health Award, Imagine Your Goals Mental Health Programme.
- MBNA Northern Sports Award, Best Grassroots Club Programme.
- Stadium Business Awards, Best Community Scheme in Europe.
- Sport and Recreation Alliance Awards (London), ‘Highly Commended’ in the category of Professional Sports Club Community Programme of the Year.
- National Sports Industry Awards, Community Programme of the Year – Disability Programme.
I hope that you can see from the content of our website the wide range of work we do and the positive impact Everton Football Club has in our community through its official charity.
Although we are Everton’s official charity we are a separate self-financing organisation. As such, we rely upon the support and generosity of donors and contributors from all walks of life and many diverse organisations.
If there is any way in which you or your organisation feel they may support our endeavours (whether financially or otherwise) please do not hesitate to contact our Fundraising Officer, Carena Duffy via Carena.Duffy@evertonfc.com
Chief Executive Everton in the Community